JOB TITLE: Kitchen Assistant
REPORTING TO: Chef / Cook
JOB PURPOSE: To assist in organising and controlling the efficient and economic production of quality food within the allowed budget, whilst maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
· Good communication skills
· Team player
· Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring System check (DBS)
· Satisfactory Independent Safeguarding Authority check (ISA)
· Experience of food preparation for the relevant Client group
1. Assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of meals.
2. Participate in Staff and Client meetings as required.
Training & Development:
3. Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
4. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety;
5. Wash up after meals. Ensure all crockery and equipment is cleaned and stored appropriately, and that the overall cleaning of the kitchen area (and, where appropriate, the dining areas) is carried out effectively.
6. Ensure statutory Health and Safety standards in the kitchen and dining areas.
7. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
8. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
9. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
10. Promote safe working practice in the Care Home.
11. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
12. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
13. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
14. Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
15. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
16. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
17. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.
Please sign, print your name, and date below to indicate your acceptance of this Job Description.
Apply: email- firstname.lastname@example.org or call- 01538 386 442