JOB TITLE: MAINTENANCE PERSON
REPORTING TO: Home Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To carry out day to day maintenance on the fabric of the building, its services and grounds in order to ensure that the Care Home is maintained in a safe and efficient functional order.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
· General maintenance knowledge / experience e.g. minor electrical, plumbing, joinery work etc.
· Good communication skills
· Confident team player
· Clean driving licence
· Use of a car or similar vehicle
· Willingness to receive training on current Health & Safety / EHO issues
· Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring System check (DBS)
· Satisfactory Independent Safeguarding Authority check (ISA)
Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
1. Report and action any known defects to appliances, damaged furniture / equipment and any other potential hazards to the Home Manager, who will advise accordingly.
2. Ensure the maintenance of the Care home’s interior/exterior including:
3. Keep any sheds, outbuildings and areas in which waste is stored in a clean and tidy condition.
4..Clean all signs / lighting outside the Care Home.
5. Carry decoration as and when required in order to maintain a high standard of the Care Home.
6. Ensure all ventilation units and lights are kept clean. Replace any defective light bulbs / diffusers.
7. Test, and record, water temperatures as specified in Company procedures.
8. Maintain a “Maintenance Book” in which defects are recorded by Staff Members. Use this book to effect repairs/replacements daily.
9. Assist/supervise with deliveries to the Care Home. Monitor delivered goods closely.
10. Complete all relevant paperwork in line with the Company’s Quality Assurance Management system
11. Liaise with Home Manager, or delegated Staff Member, regarding maintenance work to be carried out.
12. Participate in Staff and Client meetings as required.
Training & Development:
13. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
13. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
14. Ensure that paints and varnishes are used and stored only in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions.
15. Promote safe working practice in the Care Home.
16. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
17. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
18. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
19. Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
20. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
21. Ensure all equipment used is clean and well maintained.
22. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
23. Be ‘on-call’ for advice / action in any emergencies which may arise out of hours.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Hours 25 to 30 per week and pay rate to be discussed at interview
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.
APPLY: Email: email@example.com or call on 01782 311531