JOB TITLE: ACTIVITIES CO-ORDINATOR
RATE OF PAY: £8.72ph
REPORTING TO: Care Manager
JOB PURPOSE: To organise a programme of appropriate & achievable, therapeutic & recreational activities to enhance the lives & improve the well-being of residents in our care home.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
· Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
· Able to plan an activities programme for the needs of the client.
· Team player
· Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
· Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring System check (DBS)
· Satisfactory Independent Safeguarding Authority check (ISA)
· Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved / working towards)
· Experience of working with the relevant Client group
1. Plan and gain approval for a programme of varied group and/or individual events following discussions with residents, staff & relatives. Publicise & communicate the programme, ensuring that all residents have access
2. Run all events on the programme giving regard to patient safety, comfort & enjoyment. Group events may include craft classes, music, films, quizzes, bingo, reminiscence, entertainment, etc…
3. Accompany residents on outings, ensuring adequate provision of care staff & that all safety standards are met, particularly with regards to mobility.
4. Keep records of all finances associated with the programme; which must be in keeping with the agreed budget. Assist in fund raising activities. Manage supply of all equipment.
5. Organise regular visits from Ministers of religious denominations. Assist with transport for residents who wish to attend religious services.
6. Attend to individual resident’s social needs, including 1:1 private conversations, letter writing, reading & assisting with the pursuance of individual hobbies or interests
7. Any other reasonable task requested by a supervisor or manager which is within your competence.
8. To maintain effective & active communication with residents, Manager, colleagues & visitors.
9. To demonstrate courteous & friendly manner in all interpersonal activities.
10. To report all untoward incidents/accidents promptly to Manager or Person in Charge.
Training & Development:
11. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
12. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
13. Participate in relevant training to achieve required qualifications of the post.
Health & Safety
14. Provide a safe, happy, comfortable & caring environment.
15. Provide an environment conducive to a sociable atmosphere.
16. Ensure that the Manager or Person in Charge is aware of any loss, damage or defects in any equipment or resident property.
17. Be aware of and adhere to all Pearlcare policies & procedures
18. In the event of incidents be fully aware of and comply with relevant policies & procedures.
19. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
20. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
21. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
22. Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
23. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
24. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
25. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
26. To maintain resident confidentiality.
27. To be aware of & adhere to all Company policies & procedures regarding confidentiality.
28. All staff are responsible for protecting themselves and others against infection risks. All staff regardless of whether clinical or not are expected to comply with current infection control policies and procedures and to report any problems with regard to this to the manager. All staff undertaking patient care activities must attend infection control training and updates as require by Pearlcare.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.