Pearlcare have an exciting Management opportunity at Hollybank Care Home in the Lake District.
This presents a really good opportunity for an experienced person to manage a home that currently has an overall Good outcome with the CQC.
Job Title: Care Home Manager
- 40hrs per week
- 28 days holiday (+bank hols)
- Salary (dependent on experience)
- NVQ Level 5 in Adult Social Care (requirement/working towards)
- GOOD rated CQC home.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Summary of Job purpose:
To ensure the effective day to day running of the home, in accordance with Pearlcare policy and procedure.
Duties and Responsibilities
· To maintain full occupancy and control expenditure working within a prescribed annual budget.
· To produce bi monthly management report reviewing homes performance against budgeted targets in conjunction with Regional Manager.
· To ensure the homes business plan is kept up to date and utilized effectively.
· To ensure that the resident’s personal care needs and health supervision are attended to by staff.
· To ensure compliance with all statutory rules and regulations and liaise with Regional Manager with regards to any possible non-compliance.
· To ensure that the home is compliant with all Health and Safety, and Food Hygiene legislation.
· To ensure that the home is compliant with the Care Quality Commission requirements and recommendations
· To ensure that all disciplinary procedures are applied and understood by all staff
· To ensure that adequate staff cover is maintained at all times, and where necessary, cover such deficiencies until proper staffing can be found, including management of and participation in emergency on call Rota for the home
· To implement the company’s marketing policies with the assistance of the Regional Manager
· To ensure the home provides a wide range of activities, and the home becomes an integral part of the local community.
· To ensure the home has excellent relationships with all external agencies, and to attend meetings where appropriate.
· In conjunction with the Regional Manager ensure that staff training, staff inductions, staff appraisals/supervision and staff meetings are conducted
· To supervise the work of the Deputy Manager and delegate tasks as appropriate
· To supervise the work of the homes administrator
· To ensure compliance with all the company’s policies and procedures
· To undertake any other reasonable duties as requested