JOB TITLE: Cook 30.5 Hours per week
Hourly rate: £9.25
REPORTING TO: Home Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Supporting Pearlcare’s aim of delivering high standards to residents by providing nutritious, varied and well balanced meals that are safely and hygienically prepared and served.
Being responsible for supervising the catering team along with managing and controlling the catering budget, submit food orders to suppliers in a timely manner.
Managing and controlling an identified budget for the homes catering service. Planning and providing a varied, well-balanced and nutritious menu for the residents and supervising and motivating the kitchen team.
To ensure Pearlcare Homes high standards are maintained and that each team member treats residents in the way that they would expect to be treated themselves.
- Mandatory training is up to date
- Completion of Intermediate Food Hygiene Qualification within 2 years of taking up position
- Being able to control allocated catering budget
- Regular supervision meetings with Care Home Manager
- Action to be taken from findings from audit reports (internal and external)
Job description to be discussed in full at interview.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
COVID-19 considerations: Lateral flow testing and PCR testing.