JOB: HOME MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE
Hours: 30 Hours, Monday – Friday
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- On-going training & support
- Free meals, beverages & uniform
- A rewarding job you will love
- Free onsite parking
Are you kind, caring and do you have a passion for Home Maintenance and DIY?
Do you enjoy keeping busy and have a sense of pride in the work and projects you complete?
Do you enjoy taking a ‘hands on’ approach and can you work well under pressure?
Did you answer, ‘YES’ to any of the above? …
Then maybe we can offer you a position within our team.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out skilled DIY & general maintenance work involved in all aspects of Care Home maintenance programme, both internal and external of the building (ensuring external ground are kept clean and tidy).
- Complete regular checks and assessments of both private and public areas, liaising with management/ domestic/ housekeeping/ care staff, performing jobs as and when they are required.
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety.
- Installations, inspections, diagnosing faults, testing, replacement, repair and maintenance of building, fixtures and fittings. General plumbing including washers, taps, unblocking toilets, unblocking stacks, basic carpentry such as new locks, architrave, boxing in, assembling furniture, replacing handles and similar hardware. General tiling – floors and walls, general painting & decorating basic electrical maintenance such as changing light bulbs.
- And, whenever you communicate with a resident, co-worker or professional, you’ll be truly considerate and kind.