JOB TITLE: HOUSEKEEPER
REPORTING TO: Home Manager
This role includes working alternate weekends.
Rate of pay: £9.50 /hr
- £500 signing bonus once 6 month prohibitionary period is completed
- 5.6 weeks annual leave pro rata
- Paid breaks
- Pension scheme
- Free Uniform
- Refer a friend Scheme offering £500 per referral*
- Free on-site parking
JOB PURPOSE: To manage overall cleanliness and hygiene of the Care Home. To manage and participate in the cleaning rota.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
· Previous supervisory experience
· Good communication skills
· Team player
· Satisfactory Police Check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
· Care for the Elderly experience
· Highly organised
· Knowledge / experience of health and safety legislation
1. Prioritise workload of, and allocate tasks to, Domestic and Laundry Staff.
2. Create and maintain cleaning regimes (daily, weekly, periodically etc.) for all areas of the Care Home (excluding those maintained by Kitchen Staff), in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
3. Ensure that the following are carried out at appropriate intervals in all areas of the Care Home (excluding those maintained by Kitchen Staff), in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy:
· Thorough cleaning of all areas.
· Dusting, vacuuming and washing down of all areas.
· Cleaning of all windows.
· Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable).
· Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards.
· Shampooing of carpets.
· Cleaning of curtains and furniture.
· Emptying / cleaning of waste bins.
· Restocking of toiletries, soaps, towels etc.
4. Conduct random audit checks of all areas of the Care Home (excluding those maintained by Kitchen Staff), at appropriate intervals, to ensure cleaning has been properly carried out.
5. Continuously assess the work of all Staff Members to ensure consistently high standards.
6. Liaise with the Home Manager regarding the effectiveness of cleaning products, and ensure their safe storage.
7. Arrange / participate in Staff and Client meetings as required.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
8. Liaise with the Home Manager when ordering cleaning products. Undertake monthly stock checks.
9. Manage and maintain agreed budgets, in conjunction with the Home Manager.
Human Resources (HR):
10. Prepare housekeeping rotas reflecting the appropriate cleaning times of the Care Home. Ensure Staff Members adhere to these rotas.
11. Interview for new Staff Members with the Home Manager as and when required, in line with the Company’s Recruitment policy.
Training & Development:
12. Liaise with the Home Manager regarding COSHH training.
13. Supervise and instruct junior and new Staff Members in all aspects of their work in the Care Home, giving help and guidance where appropriate.
14. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
15. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
16. Adhere to the Care Homes disposal of waste policy.
17. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
18. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Centre’s Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
19. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
20. Promote safe working practice in the Care Home.
21. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
22. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
23. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
24. Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
25. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
26. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
27. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.