JOB TITLE: LAUNDRY ASSISTANT REPORTING TO: Care Manager/Housekeeper
HOURS: 15 Hours
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- £500 bonus on successful completion of a 6month prohibitionary period!
- On-going training & support
- Free meals, beverages & uniform
- A rewarding job you will love
- Free onsite parking
JOB PURPOSE: Working as part of the housekeeping team to ensure that the Care Home is cleaned and maintained to a high standard in accordance to Pearlcare guidelines and cleaning schedules, in addition to the Care Homes individual needs and requirements of the Clients.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS Required:
– Previous housekeeping experience · Good communication skills
– Team player
– Satisfactory Police Check and check against the ISA List (where applicable)
– Care for the Elderly experience
– Highly organised
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES Housekeeping:
1. To ensure that all areas of the Care Home are cleaned to a high standard in compliance with the specific guidelines and schedules of the Care Home and that they effectively meet the Clients and home’s needs, which will include.
– Thorough cleaning of all areas.
– Dusting, vacuuming and washing down of all areas.
– Cleaning of all windows.
– Polishing of mirrors, brass plates on doors and furniture (as applicable).
– Dusting of all ledges, pictures, high areas and skirting boards.
– Shampooing of carpets.
– Cleaning of curtains and furniture.
– Emptying / cleaning of waste bins.
– Restocking of toiletries, soaps, towels etc.
2. To respect and maintain confidentiality of Clients personal information at all times, including their right to privacy, dignity and respects.
3. To understand and comply with the statutory and legal requirements that are relevant, such as Health and Safety, COSHH, Fire Safety.
4. To make sure that all equipment used is in full, safe working order and immediately report any faults to the Housekeeper/Maintenance person/Care Manager
5. To check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and inform Housekeeper/Care Manager of any shortages.
6. To always be alert and use your own initiative, spot clean any spillages as they occur.
7. Prioritising workload, getting jobs done and pride in your work is essential
8. To be an active and helpful member of the team and ensure that the home is a friendly and supportive environment. Communication:
9. Communication and team work are important to maintain the home to a high standard.
10. Participate in Staff and Client meetings as required.
Training & Development:
11. Liaise with the Housekeeper/Home Manager regarding COSHH training.
12. Attend mandatory training days/courses, on or off site, as and when required.
13. Maintain professional knowledge and competence.
Health & Safety:
14. Adhere to the Care Homes disposal of waste policy.
15. Report immediately to the Home Manager, or Person in Charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another.
16. Understand and ensure the implementation of the Care Homes Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire procedures.
17. Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
18. Promote safe working practice in the Care Home. General:
19. Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care Home.
20. Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
21. Notify the Home Manager, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
22. Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
23. Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
24. Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
25. Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.