JOB TITLE: NIGHT CARE ASSISTANT
Hours: 33 HOURS per week
REPORTING TO: Care Manager, Deputy Home Manager, Deputy Care Manager /Senior Care Assistant
JOB PURPOSE: To assist in the provision of care and work as part of a team to achieve required standards. To ensure Clients retain their dignity and individuality. To be involved in the general activities of the Care Home
Why work at Gilling Reane?
- £500 bonus on successful completion of a 6month prohibitionary period!
- £500 refer a friend scheme
- An electronic training package
- Free meals and beverages when on shift
- Personal & career development
- Support from management always ensuring employees feel valued
- A rewarding job you will love
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Genuine interest in working within a caring environment
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
Willingness to participate in Vocational Training Programmes
Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring System check (DBS)
Satisfactory Independent Safeguarding Authority check (ISA)
Relevant Vocational Qualification (achieved / working towards)
Experience of working with the relevant Client group
1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting Clients, when required, with washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, and all other aspects of daily living.
2. Assist Clients in all aspects of their care needs (e.g. physical, emotional and spiritual). Provide attention when needed, whilst ensuring Clients retain their comfort and dignity.
3. Pay particular attention to assisting Clients who have limited mobility, or physical / learning difficulties, making the best use of aids provided.
4. Closely monitor Clients who may be confused and / or who have behavioural problems.
5. Assist in the promotion of continence.
6. Assist in the delivery of care for Clients who are dying or who have a progressive illness. Assist with end of life.
7. Observe care planning needs for Clients and complete written daily records as instructed and in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
8. Assist in framework of social activities by interacting with Clients and helping them continue with hobbies and activities in the Care Home.
9. Answer Nurse call system, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately. Respond accordingly, and pass on messages promptly.
10. Under the supervision and guidance of senior Care Staff, report on the well-being of Clients.
11. Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals determined by senior Staff Members.
12. Make Visitors feel welcome. Provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
13. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy, and commodes are empty, in line with the Care Homes disposal of waste policy. Ensure the Care Homes resources are used appropriately.
14. Clean and maintain equipment used by Clients / Relatives e.g. wheelchairs, hearing aids, spectacles etc. Ensure the Care Home is kept clean and tidy, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
15. If applicable, care for Clients’ clothing and rooms as named, and ensure that all clothing is recorded and clearly marked.
16. Ensure full privacy and dignity is maintained for the dying and the bereaved, in line with the Company’s policies and procedures.
17. Assist Clients who need help during meal times (be aware of swallowing difficulties, dietary requirements etc). Assist with serving of food / drinks as requested / required. Wash up as requested / required.
18. Escort Clients travelling to and from the Care Home e.g. on social outings, hospital visits etc.
19. Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients’ personal and financial affairs, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship that exists with Clients.