Role: Night Care Assistant
Purpose: Provide wakeful night duty in the home
Responsible to: Care Manager/Night senior
Rate of pay: £8.91 per hour.
The position is for 2 nights per week based on a rota. Shifts are 8pm until 8am. We are looking for someone who would take on extra shifts to help out with annual leave and sickness cover.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive daily instructions from the senior staff regarding the care of residents and specific tasks to be carried out during the night.
- To carry out regular checks on residents as per their risk assessment and care plan, with due regard to residents privacy and dignity.
- To carry out regular checks of the building with due regard to security and fire prevention.
- To answer nurse call promptly, assess the situation, deal with the resident seeking help. In the case of an emergency, summon the help of the senior care staff, so they can decide what action to take.
- To assist residents who need help, reassurance, comfort or just a cup of tea.
- To assist residents to prepare for bed.
- To assist those residents who wish to get washed and dressed in the mornings and leave them in a place of safety and ensure they have their nurse call and a drink to hand, if left in their room.
- To undertake domestic duties as directed, in the time available between attending to the residents.
- To ensure full and accurate records are kept of care given and needs met within the residents care plan.
- To ensure accurate written communication of the nights events is logged and reported to the person in charge of the following shift.
- To ensure all accidents and incidents are reported to the person in charge of the following shift.
- To carry out all procedures within the home with due regard to food hygiene, prevention of and infection control and health and safety legislation.
- To attend staff meetings and staff training activities when arranged.
- To undertake other duties as necessary.