JOB TITLE: Office Administrator
REPORTING TO: Home Manager / Head office
Hours: Full time.
- £500 refer a friend scheme*
- £500 bonus on successful completion of a 6month prohibitionary period!
- On-going training & support
- Free meals, beverages & uniform
- A rewarding job you will love
- Free onsite parking
JOB PURPOSE: To manage the administrative procedures within the home alongside the Home Manager and to provide reception cover, promoting the home and company to potential customers, appropriate authorities and colleagues in a caring and professional manor. Assist the manager for the day-to-day running of the Care Home, and ensure that all Company policies and procedures, and all legal requirements, are adhered to within the defined timescales.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in administration
- Previous administration experience
- GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English
- Recruitment and selection inc HR
- Computer Skills – Microsoft office applications
- Satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Barring System check (DBS)
- Satisfactory Independent Safeguarding Authority check (ISA)
- C.Q.C awareness and Social Services/ Contracts & Monitoring
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Experience in working within this sector
- Motivated and able to work to deadlines in a busy environment
- Reception / Entrance area is tidy and information displayed is up to date and available, and creates an impression.
- Visitors are made to feel welcome and the visitor’s book is completed.
- To answer the telephone promptly and deal with enquiries in a helpful, courteous and welcoming manor, being aware of the need to maintain confidentiality at all times regarding staff and residents.
- Liaise and build relationships with relatives, residents, professional service providers and visitors.
- Comfort relatives at times of distress ensuring that they receive privacy and empathy
- Undertake the position of appointee for residents without a living next of kin or any other person willing to accept the responsibility.
- To perform secretarial / clerical duties as required by the Company/ Manager
- To ensure all correspondence received is date stamped and receives prompt attention.
- To ensure that the homes filing system is maintained accurately and promptly.
- Ensure that when absent from the workplace key individuals are up to date with the location of files, equipment, contact details of relevant people/agencies in order to provide a service.
- To provide administrative and clerical support and other support as may be requested from time to time by the Manager, Regional and Head office.
- Letter writing, or minutes of meetings along side action plans
- Activity posters and event planning for the months ahead, also helping to arrange events coming into the home.
Budgetary / Financial Control:
- Undertake purchase ledger responsibilities including ordering, and sourcing/ obtaining quotes, reconciliation of delivery notes and payment of invoices.
- Undertake sales ledger responsibility’s including.
- Personal care is in place in a timely manor, and paper work is in place along side contracts.
- Manage petty cash, resident’s monies and staff meal monies.
- Deposit cash/cheque monies as required at the designated bank.
- Undertake credit control – chasing debts and late payments.
- Where necessary in accordance with company guidelines ensure that private residents. Billing accounts are accurate and up-to-date.
- To provide all information that may be required by Head office book keeping department in particular all information required for the production of monthly accounts.
Human Resources (HR):
- Adhere to, and implement, all HR policies & procedures
- In the absence of the Home Manager, in conjunction with the Regional Manager, endeavour to fill any Staff vacancy by advertising in the job centre/press.
- Interview for new Staff Members with the Home Manager as and when required, in line with the Company’s Recruitment policy.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, maintain correct records of working hours of all Staff Members.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, monitor and control sickness absence in line with Company policy (in conjunction with the Regional Manager, where appropriate).
- Ensure all Staff Members are aware of the Company’s Whistle blowing procedure.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, implement and manage the Company’s Discipline and Dismissal policies and procedures, and Grievance policies and procedures (in conjunction with the Regional Manager, where appropriate).
- Maintain training records for both mandatory and regulatory requirements.
- Undertake DBS Checks on new starters, and renew dates for existing staff.
- Recruitment folders are ready for new starters, and paper work is completed for Head Office
- Order uniforms, badges where they are in use.
- Advise employees on HR benefits associated with Pearlcare.
- Ensure all new members of the team complete their induction.
- Ensure that all the end probation interviews are carried out, paperwork is complete and records are up to date.
- To accurately record and up-date information on personal record files and paper work is sent to Head Office.
- Actively market the Care Home and promote a positive personal / professional profile within the local community, ensuring the good reputation of the Care Home at all times.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, and in conjunction with the Regional Manager, endeavour to fill any Client vacancy by liaising with Social Services and health authorities/boards and assessing/selecting suitable Clients. (These places are to be offered within the normal terms of residency and the fee structure in operation within the Care Home at the time).
- To complete Daily Home reports when occupancy is low (more than 2 beds).
- Ensure the Care Home is attractively presented, and odour free, at all times, in line with the Company’s attention to detail philosophy.
- Ensure a viewing room is suitably presented and available at all times (unless Care Home is fully occupied).
Training & Development:
- Maintain and improve professional knowledge and competence.
- Attend mandatory training days, courses, and meetings on or off site, as and when required.
Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the Home Manager any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Client, colleague, self or another. Be responsible for infection control in the absence of the Home Manager.
- Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the Care Homes Health & Safety policy, and Emergency & Fire procedures.
- In the absence of the Home Manager, carry out duties as “Responsible Officer” for the Care Home in line with Care Quality Commission (CQC) guidelines, the Health and Safety at Work Act (1974) and Fire Regulations.
- Report to the Home Manager, or the Handyperson, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Care Home.
- Adhere to all appropriate regulations and the General Social Care Council Code of Conduct.
- Ensure that all existing stocks are maintained in a safe and tidy environment and reordered as and when required.
- Maintain such log books and records as may be required by both the Registering Authority and the Company.
- Ensure that all information of a confidential nature gained in the course of work is not divulged to third parties.
- Assist in the arrangements for fund raising.
- Notify the Home Manager (or, in the absence of the Home Manager, the Regional Manager) as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, and also on your return to work from all periods of absence.
- In the absence of the Home Manager report directly to the Regional Manager and the Deputy.
- Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
This Job Description indicates only the main duties and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended as an exhaustive list.
Pearlcare reserves the right to amend this Job Description from time to time, according to business needs. Any changes will be confirmed in writing. Please note that you share with Pearlcare the responsibility for making suggestions to alter the scope of your duties and improve the effectiveness of your post.