Team Leader, 30 hours P/W
Purpose of Position
The Team Leader role is to support the manager of the home in all aspects of the home’s management, including taking temporary charge during the absence of the manager or the deputy manager.
To help with the supervision of training of junior staff and supervise them in all aspects of their work in the home. To lead a team of carers in providing the highest standard of professional care and the creation of an environment where people will reach their maximum potential.
- Ensure that staff contribute to the best of their ability in the efficient running of the home and a high quality care service to the residents.
- To enable people to live as independently as their condition allows retaining their individuality and dignity.
- Take responsibility for the safe administration of medication and the recording of same.
- Assist residents with mobility/physical problems and help in the assessment of their needs and any equipment and aids to facilitate this need.
- To offer stimulation and motivation through conversation and social activity and encourage staff and residents to see a grasp the wider opportunities for both principal and mental self fulfilment.
- To establish with people a relationship of mutual trust and respect.
- Welcome visitors and facilitate any professional workers.
- Read and write case notes, contribute to residents assessments/care plans/risk assesments and reviews and any multi disciplinary meetings and liase with other health care professionals.
- To supervise junior members of staff at all levels as set by Management on legal framework.
- To remain professional in all situations and maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To ensure that the homes Health and Safety Policy is adhered and to be aware of the legislation, regulation and procedures affecting service delivery and have ability to respond effectively in an emergency.
- Participate and contribute to group working system ensuring that standards are maintained.
- Attend staff meetings as required and relevant training courses.
- Contribute to the assessment and reviews ensuring that residents progress is monitored.
- To maintain at all times the aims and objectives of Brantley Manor and to ensure that objectives are met.
- Must be flexible to cover shifts and on calls inclusive of sickness and absence of staff.
Any other duties that may be required within the scope of the post.